In case you want to connect the HP printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- Turn on the computer first and connect to the Internet.
- Then you need to turn on the printer.
- On the rear of the printer, you need to connect a USB cable to the USB port and then to the computer.
- Once you get a message displaced as Found new hardware follows any prompts to install the driver, and later try to print.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to your network
You can use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to connect the HP printer to your network.
1. Collect all the below items:
- Find the Network name (SSID)
- Locate your Network security password (WEP key or WPA passphrase)
- You need a computer that is connected to your wireless network
- Further a wireless-capable printer: Place it next to the computer during the installation
2. Make sure all units which are printer, router, and computer are on.
3. You need to make sure the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network.
4. Further, disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer if connected to it.
5. Go to the printer control panel; touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu.
6. Click on Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer.
Connecting Printer to Computer Through Ethernet
One can connect HP printer and the computer to your router with a basic Ethernet cable.
Step 1: You need to prepare for the connection
- In the process of installing the driver, make sure you have a functioning network router and an Ethernet cable.
- You need to have a network router with available Ethernet ports.
- You need to make sure that your computer is connected to the router if it is not already connected.
- Obtain an Ethernet cable. Do not use a standard telephone cable.
Step 2: Set up a Connection of the HP printer to the network
- You would have to use the Ethernet cable to connect the printer to your wired router.
- Turn on the printer.
- You can remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer.
- Then we would have to connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and further to an available port on the router.
Step 3: We can install the print driver also with an Add a Printer wizard
In order to install the built-in print driver, Use the Windows Add a Printer wizard.
How to connect my HP printer to my wireless network (WiFi)?
- The compatibility of your computer and network is necessary.
- We need to search the printer software.
- Then in Printer Software double-click to download the software file.
- Then we need to turn on the printer.
- Based on on-screen instructions follow the steps until you reach the “Network” section.
- Select the Network (Ethernet/Wireless) however wireless in this case
- Click yes; send my wireless settings to the printer.
- Wait for your printer to connect.
- Finish the setup process.
- Check and verify that the printer we are trying to connect s installed on the computer.
- Click on the power button and turn on the computer.
- Try to activate the touch screen for more ease.
- Then click on the gear icon representing the Setup option.
- Go to the wireless setting by clicking on the network option.
- Select Wireless network wizard this will prompt the printer to and will do the job of searching the wireless networks.
- Choose your network name.
- Enter the required network’s password.
- Then click on DONE.
- And click on OK when prompted.
Hp Printer Not Connecting
You would have to update the printer firmware of the printers which are connected to a computer with Windows. The printer has to be turned on and connected to the computer by a specified local network or USB cable. Most of the times the HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads would be required. You need to get the identity of your product to get started and let the page displays options where you can, click Printer.