Canon is an electronics company that produces a variety of different products, including computer printers. These printers connect to your computer typically through a standard USB data cable and print any document you choose. However, if the Canon printer won’t print, you need to determine what is causing the problem and correct whatever the issue is.
Usually, you end up getting across the issue of “low toner,” this is high time when you should replace the cartridges. However, always try to get a bit more life out of the cartridge by shaking or rocking it gently from side to side and putting it back into the printer.
Check to see if the “low toner” message disappears. If it does not, then replace the cartridge with a new one as follows: Open the door on top of the printer and pull the old cartridge towards you to release it. Remove the new cartridge from its carton and rock gently back and forth to make sure the toner hasn’t settled if stored incorrectly. Pull the plastic strip out of the cartridge (see a tab on the side of the toner). Replace the cartridge in the printer at the same angle at which you pulled the old one out. Close the top door of the printer.
Print a test page from the printer display (See instructions Onsite Test of Printer Equipment. Common Printing Problems in canon printer · Print job status says “Printer busy… or printer error.”
Why Canon Won’t Print
- Check the cable connection running from the Canon printer to your computer. If the USB data cable is not entirely connected to either the computer or the printer, the print request is not going to reach the printer.
- Fill the paper tray of the Canon printer. If there is no paper (or only a few sheets), the printer is unable to print the document. Fill the printer tray and retry to print the document.
- Open the document you want to print and select the “Print” option. Click the printer selection and choose the Canon printer. If the Canon printer is not selected as the go-to printer, it does not receive the printer request.
- Install the Canon printer’s drivers. Without the drivers, the computer is unable to send the request to the printer. These drivers are available on a driver installation CD that came with the hardware. Insert the CD into the computer and follow the prompts of the installation wizard.
- Change out the ink cartridges of the Canon printer. If the cartridges are running out of ink, the printer is unable to produce the document.
Necessary Steps to fix the Canon Printer Error are below
- Open Start >Go to Settings >Further you can Update & security >and then Troubleshoot, and while you do so you can Scroll down
- Choose the required option for the printer, which is available.
- As you choose the option of the printer, you need to click on the RUN application to Trouble-shooter.
- When you see the trouble-shooter has completed the process, you would be required to shut down the computer and turn on the computer and then verify the resolution of the problem.
- If that does not work. You are requested to follow the appropriate steps given below to uninstall the printer software from the computer.
- Click and hold the Windows key + X, then go through the apps and choose Apps & Features or Programs and Features
- Identify the Canon printer, which is already available on your computer, and select the option to Uninstall.
- Click and hold Windows key + R, then using your keyboard type the word control, hand click n Enter on the RUN screen.
- Using your control panel, go to the option of Devices and Printers.
- Using the option of Devices and Printers window, we need to search the Canon Printer. On-going through the list, if you see the printer is listed, right-click on its available printer and select the option of “Delete” or “Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the “Windows Key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- You need to locate the driver’s tab and select the same.
- Look for Canon Printer driver. Go through the list of drivers that you find, and you can click on unwanted drivers and replace the same as per the process rolled out in manual or follow the above steps as well for ease of access.
- After this, you can click on OK to proceed further.
- At the properties windows for the printer server of the window operating system press, OK and click apply settings
- Also, you can close the windows of devices and printers and move.
- Proceed to reinstall the driver.
Paper Jam may Cause Canon Printer Won’t Print
Sometimes, the printer display menu will say “paper jam,” but it is indicating that the paper tray is empty. Opening the front and back “doors” of the printer or removing the paper tray or toner cartridge will usually allow access to the jammed paper so that it can be released. A paper should be removed slowly and gently so that it doesn’t tear. Paper that is too difficult to dismiss should be left “as is” and reported to the Helpline, who will dispatch the LBIS printer technician. Turn off the printer until it can be serviced and place an Out of Order sign on it.