HP Printer Assistant is software for the printer management that installs with your Windows HP print driver. With The help of PAS, one can scan documents and photos, order supplies, check ink levels, and much more.
Whether or not the Printer Assistant is installed on my computer?
On installing the full-featured printer software on your Windows computer, either from the printer CD or from the HP website, HP Printer Assistant will install itself automatically and should be available. Always use one of the following methods to check for and open Printer Assistant.
How do I download the Printer Assistant?
- First of all, you would need to turn ON the printer.
- All cables need to be disconnected from the printer when you find that the printer was connected with a USB cable to the computer. When the software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
- You can further go and click on HP Customer Support — Software and Driver Downloads.
- Then further one would have to identify the product to get started and when the page displays, the printer clicks the option Printer, type your printer model number, and then you can submit the same by clicking on the required button. The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.
- Click Change, select your version, if you need to change the operating system and chose the version then click Change.
- Then under the DRIVER heading click Download.
- Always while in the process of the installation, select the Typical or Recommended when prompted by the software installer for the type of installation.
HP Printer Assistant is not available as HP UTILITY for macOS or OS X. The Mac driver installation will download full HP Utility, which has similar tools and features as HP Printer Assistance in windows.
Printer Assistant availability on Printers manufactured before 2010?
HP printers manufactured in 2010 and earlier came with HP SOLUTION center. This software will install HP Solution Center with the full feature print driver and provides similar functionality to the HP Printer Assistant.
Double-click on the printer icon on the desktop to open the Printer Assistant.
HP Printer Assistant is set up your printer as printing software, which also scans documents and checks ink levels, takes care of printing processes, and much more. It is connected with HP printers that are manufactured after 2009. HP Printer Assistant is designed to manage all print activities and further helps in improving the efficiency of your printer. The software will automatically get installed whenever you install HP Printer drivers.
In case you update your Windows, mostly the printer information is lost. In this case, the HP Printer Assistant plays a role by helping to connect your printer as a new printer. One has to recognize his printer to reconnect your printer to regain access to HP Printer Tools and use them accordingly. In addition to this, the software has excellent features to give us a great experience with printing.
HP Printer Assistant can help to manage your print job activities with ease and comfort. In other words, HP Printer’s assistant is a tool for performance tuning, updating printer drives, and troubleshooting issues.
How do I find HP Utility on Mac?
To check HP Utility is presence on the Mac you may go through the following steps:
- Go to and open the “Finder” of your Mac device and click on the “Go” option.
- Click on “Applications” in that option.
- Once you have a new page, find the folder of “HP” and double-tap on it.
- When you see a list where you have to locate “HP utility.”
- On finding it, double-tap on it.
If, after this, you see a setup and activation screen, click on “Continue” Hence, this will complete the setup of the software, after which you can start using HP Utility for Mac.